Wednesday, May 29, 2013

$1 Skirt Re-made

A couple of weeks ago, I showed y'all a skirt that I got at at thrift store for $1. I was planning on making it into a dress, but it didn't exactly turn out the way I was hoping. Lets just say I should have done a little more research before I started cutting. Now, I am determined to find another skirt project that I can turn into a dress. I think it would actually be really easy to do, I just goofed with this one. At least I was still able to turn it into a skirt that I can wear.

 Re-made Skirt: Anderson Creek Thrift Store $1
Shirt: J. Crew (old) $20 (I think)
Belt: Old Navy (old) $5
Shoes: Old Navy (old) $14
Total: $40
 

Just wanted to show a close up of the pattern. I love it!
 
 And to remind you what the skirt looked like before...
 
I hope everyone is having a great week! Today I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy.
 
pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. Love the skirt....looks great with the brown belt & sandals!

    Visiting from the Pleated Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that skirt is adorable! I can't believe it was so hideous before, fantastic job!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog, too, we're now following you via GFC!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....turned out to be very nice! I could never have done that and again you have impressed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could have made it into a dress like you suggested, but oh well, you live and learn. Hopefully next time I will get it right and at least I still have a skirt to wear.

      Delete