Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday- 5 Ways to Wear a White Dress

Three summers ago, I bought a very basic white sheath dress from The Limited. It was on clearance for around $17 and I had been looking for a white dress, so I thought it would be perfect. Since it is such as basic piece, I thought it would be very versatile. Well, I have only worn it once and that was for pictures the summer that I got it.

I think the reason I haven't worn it more is because it is so basic. It was just so boring. I have decided to shop my closet and find 5 ways to style this dress so that I will actually start wearing it.

Classic- I wanted to pair together classic pieces-denim jacket, stilettos, pearl bracelets
Denim Jacket: Forever 21
Clutch: Guess (TJ Maxx or Ross, I can't remember)
Pearl bracelets: Belk
Black bracelet: ?
Red and black snakeskin stilettos: Shoe Carnival
I have had all of these items for at least 4 years so I can't remember how much I paid.
 
Fancy Date Night- Or since we rarely go on dates, I will probably wear this to church.
Necklace: Belk $12
Clutch: Express $15
Shoes: Nine West (TJ Maxx) $30

Casual
Chambray shirt: TJ Maxx $15
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft $10
Bracelet: gift
Shoes: Christian Mission Thrift Store $4

Business- since I don't actually "go to work", I might wear this to a meeting or to church
Jacket: Belk $10
Belt: Old Navy $5
Clutch: Old Navy $5
Shoes: Shoe Carnival $7
Bracelets: Gadzooks and Rome, Italy $?
Earrings: Gadzooks $?

Weekend Wear
Polka-dot chambray blazer: Target $8.98
Scarf: Target- gift
Bracelet: Gadzooks $?
Shoes: Old Navy $14
 
 
I was hoping to put a few more shirts over the dress so it would look like a white pencil skirt, but the skirt is not form-fitted enough so it looked frumpy. Which option do you think looks the best?
 
 
Today I am linking up with the Pleated Poppy and My Thrifty Chic.
 


pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. Of course, I like them all! Could not enlarge the last picture so was having trouble seeing it closer. I really like the one with the denim jacket. Love the Guess Clutch. Never seen you carry that one. Great ideas!! You look wonderful in all of the outfits. As far as the night out...come to Bristol and I will be glad to keep the kids for the night out, seriously. You guys need it and would love it. How about dinner and the Barter? Plan it and you have your babysitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to carry the Guess clutch a lot when I first got it, but I don't change my purses out very often now. Usually I am too busy gathering up snacks, drinks, diapers, wipes, etc. before we leave the house to fool with changing out my purse. A night out at the Barter does sound like fun, though. Maybe we can plan something before too much longer.

      Delete
  2. I saw that you linked up with the Pleated Poppy, I'd love for you to check out my blog hop if you haven't already!!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/2013/06/in-bloom-blog-hop.html

    xoxo Tori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I will check it out.

      Delete
  3. What a fab deal! Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete