Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! I feel so blessed and thankful to be able to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ with my family.

You might remember me posting before about my search for Easter outfits for my family with a $25 budget per person. Well, I didn't do so well. I totally blew my budget on my daughter's outfit,  but she did look pretty cute if I do say so myself :)


I found this bishop dress at a little shop in the market while we were in Charleston. It was originally $54, but she had it market 40% off, so it ended up being $32.40. The cardigan in the picture is not the one she ended up wearing, I just forgot to take another picture. I got the one she wore at a consignment sale for $2. The shoes came from the same sale and were also $2. The bow is old (I got it at Walmart for $1, but I am not including it in my budget since she has worn it so many times). The lacy socks came from Belk. They came in a pack of 2 and were on sale for $5.24 (we will just call it $2.62 for the one pair). So the total cost was $39.02 (definitely over my budget).
 
 
For my son, I purchased most of his outfit at Target. The vest was $12, pants were $10, and tie was $5. I used a Ralph Lauren Polo oxford that he already had (I bought it at a consignment store for around $5, but I'm not including it in the budget since it is old). He wore some boat shoes that I bought used from a facebook group (they were $4, but I'm not including them in my budget either because I bought them about a year ago). The total cost for his outfit was $27.
 
My husband and I decided to just wear outfits that we already had since I had gone over my budget for the kids. The total cost for the family was $66.02, so overall, I stayed well within my $100 budget for the family.
 
On Saturday, we went to an Easter celebration at church. It was so much fun for the whole family. They had food and games and enough Easter eggs that we'll probably be eating the candy for the next year. I wanted my kids to have outfits to fit the theme, so I made a pillowcase dress for my daughter out of a vintage, hand embroidered pillow case I got at a moving sale for $.50. Different ribbon probably would have looked better for the top, but I wanted to use what I already had.
 
I made an applique t-shirt for my son out of a shirt and fabric I already had.
 
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person- though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God."
Romans 5:6-9

2 comments:

  1. Glad you did not spend anything on Anthony's Easter outfit seeing how he left it hanging at your house..lol! I thought your family looked like a million dollars as usual. It was wonderful spending this wonderful celebration of our risen Savior with my son and his family. The only thing that could have made it better was if Daniel would have been home. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad we didn't get anything new for Anthony too. It's never a dull moment at our house. Glad we got to spend Easter with y'all.

    ReplyDelete