Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. I am so thankful that we got to spend the whole day together as a family. We really didn't do anything too special, but I tried to at least give them some festive Valentine meals. We were planning to have a Valentine party with a few friends yesterday, but we have been snowed in for the past few days, so we had to postpone it til Sun. I will share more on that later.

My kids get really excited when I fix themed meals, so they were really happy with their heart-shape food today (really all I did was get out my cookie cutters). I hadn't really decided what I wanted to do for our Valentine's meals yet when we got snowed it, so I pretty much had to just go with things we already had..
For breakfast, toaster strudels and fruit.
 And for lunch, mini pizzas and salad.
 It doesn't get much easier than that.

My neighbor was so kind and offered to watch our kids so me and my husband could go out for dinner. I think this is the first time in 4 years that we have been able to go on a date for Valentine's Day.

We tried to take a picture of ourselves...it didn't go so well :)

We really weren't sure if we were going to be able to go out for Valentine's Day due to the weather, so we really didn't have anything special planned. We ended up just going to a steakhouse chain, so I really didn't want to get too dressed up. I found this "LOVE" shirt while on vacation in Charleston, SC last weekend, and I had planned on wearing it for our Valentine Party. It was so comfortable and I think it was perfect to wear for a casual date.

"LOVE" shirt: Francesca's $9.98
White blazer: TJ Maxx $11
Pants: Belk $10
Necklace: (gift)
Gold sequin clutch: $9.99 jane.com
Shoes: Target (gift)
Total: $40.97

"Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." Ephesians 5:25
"However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." Ephesians 5:33
"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgive each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Colossians 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment