Monday, June 3, 2013

Day Out With Thomas

I hope you all had a great weekend! We took the kids on a trip to Blowing Rock, NC to go to Tweetsie Railroad. They are having a special event right now called "Day Out With Thomas". As soon as I found out about it, I knew we had to take them. Our little boy is the biggest Thomas and Friends fan I have ever seen, and our little girl likes it too.

Since we were going to do something special as a family, I just had to make our kids matching outfits. And so, the typical appliqued shirt and pillowcase dress...
 

We went on a ride in one of Thomas' passenger cars. I think the kids would have liked it better if the whistle wasn't quite as loud. We will know to bring ear plugs for them if we get to go next year.
 
 
There are so many beautiful views of the mountains.


And...of course my camera battery died about halfway through the day. Thankfully, my mother-in-law had her camera so hopefully I can get some pictures from her.

They have a "Country Fair" area with rides for people of all ages, and we are convinced even more that our little boy is an adrenaline junky just like his daddy. I must admit though, I like a good amusement park ride too.

We all had such a good time. I hope we get to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment