Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Tables

I don't usually do a lot of decoration around the house for all the different holidays, but I do like to decorate my dining room and kitchen tables.

 
I really wanted my dining room table to be decorated for the Resurrection.
”In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” 1 John 4:10

 I found a grapevine wreath at Goodwill ($.96) that I thought looked like the crown of thorns and I worked the rest of my decor around it.
“And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe.” John 19:2
 
Obviously, I wanted to incorporate a cross somehow on the table. I collected a few sticks out of my yard, hot glued them together, and glued some twine around them to secure it.
 “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
I just happened to have 3 white hydrangeas on hand, but later, I realized the significance of using 3.
“For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” Matthew 12:40
And the significance of using white...
“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.” Isaiah 1:18
The candle holders and burlap runner are part of my standard dining room table decor. I added a lace tablecloth ($3) and doilie ($.50) that I got at a moving sale. I also used a cake stand and pitcher that I already had.
Total cost: $4.46
For the kitchen table, I wanted to only use things I already had. It's simple, but still festive.
 
For the tablecloth, I used a piece of fabric that was previously used at a birthday party and a baby shower. I put Easter eggs that we used last year on my 3 tier stand and placed some carrot and chick eggs around the edges. My place mats were a little too plain, so I ended up buying 4 pieces of felt ($1 for all 4) and cut them into the shape of a bunny. I know it's not the most creative table setting, but I am pleased because I only spent $1.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment