Sunday, October 27, 2013

New Favorites

Over the past few weeks, I have seen a few of my favorite bloggers wear this leopard print cardigan from Target. You can see their outfits here and here. I thought it would be a great layering piece for fall, so I patiently waited for it to go on sale. Last week, I finally found it on sale for $15. I had a coupon for $5 off any women's clothing purchase of $20 or more so I had no problem finding one (or a few) extra things to get me above the $20 mark. My Target has a lot of really cute clothes on clearance right now. The dress I'm wearing is one of the items I found on clearance. You can't really tell from the picture, but it has a pattern woven into the fabric that kind of looks like lace. It think it will be very versatile.

Cardigan: Target $15
Dress: Target $12.48
Necklace: jane.com $14.99
Boots: gift
Total: $42.47
 
This is not a great picture of my necklace, but you may have noticed that it looks very similar to the one Emily from The Sweetest Thing has on with her leopard print cardigan (here is another picture). It is definitely my favorite necklace right now. I ordered it from a website called jane.com. Everyday, boutiques will post an item that they have on special and each one usually lasts 2 days. You have to pay separate shipping for each item, but it is usually pretty reasonable. It's a great place to get statement jewelry.
 
Tonight at church, we sang the song "How Deep the Father's Love For Us" by Phillips Craig and Dean (I think other people have also recorded it). I have sung this song many times before, but the words are so powerful I would like to share them with you. Here is a youtube video with the song. I hope you are as touched by this song as I am.
 
"How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"

No comments:

Post a Comment