Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trunk or Treat

Last night, we participated in the Trunk or Treat at our church. Before this year, I had only been to a Trunk or Treat once, and people didn't really decorate much for that. I wasn't really sure what to expect. I wanted my trunk to be cute and unique, but I'll be honest, I really didn't go all out. I mostly just used things I already had. Here is what I came up with...
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
a Veggie Tales Movie
My son had a pirate party for his birthday this summer, so I already had the pirate pool, flag, and parrot. The lantern and treasure chest (trunk) are items I had around my house, and I also already had the inflatable Bob and Larry (they are sprinklers). I bought a couple of plastic table cloths from the Dollar Tree to use as water and sand.


Also from the Dollar Tree, I bought 2 over-sized fuzzy mustaches. I used one as an actual mustache for Larry the Cucumber and the other I cut to make a beard. I also found a pirate play set that had an eye patch. I just used a piece of fabric from my stash for his bandanna. I don't think Bob the Tomato is actually in the movie, but since he is one of the main Veggie Tales characters, I went ahead and stuck him in the boat too.

For our treats, we handed out "Pirate Booty" popcorn.
(Please excuse my phone that I accidentally left on the bumper.)

Our trunk was kind of plain. My husband sketched out a beach scene, like the one in the movie, on a piece of cardboard and I painted it. I printed out a little sign from the movie and glued it on.

There were some people who really went all out. I was pretty impressed.

I think it's fun to dress up in costumes and get candy, but there are a lot of things about Halloween that I'm not crazy about. I want whatever we choose to participate in to bring glory to God. Veggie Tales always has a great Biblical message and my kids love all the movies.

Now, back to eating my kids' candy. I'm glad they don't mind sharing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment