Thursday, August 29, 2013

5 Minutes

So I'm just going to be honest here...there are some days, when I know I'm not going to leave the house, that I just wear a t-shirt, gym shorts, flip-flops, and no make-up. I don't see the point in getting all ready when I'm just going to be cleaning or working on projects around my house. I mean, no one is going to see me except for my family and perhaps a neighbor. I thought today was going to be one of those days, but then I ended up needing to run a few quick errands. I was tempted to just leave the house as I was (Yikes!), but I decided to take 5 minutes to slap on a little make-up (powder fountain, bronzer, blush, mascara, and lip gloss) and put on some real clothes. I already had my outfit ironed and ready to go because I wore it a few nights ago for literally like two hours, and I had planned on recycling it. I had let my hair air dry after my shower, so it was a lost cause. It was definitely a ponytail kind of day. Even though I did not have on my full make-up and hair fixed, I'm glad I at least took the five minutes so I wouldn't have been embarrassed if I had run into someone I know. With preschool and all the other activities we are about to start, this look will probably be making frequent come-backs.

I never thought I would post a picture of myself without my normal makeup on the internet on purpose (haha). Here's another one taken by my 4-year-old. Someone else wanted in on the fun too ;)

Shirt: Forever 21 (Goodwill) $2.99
Skirt: Banana Republic (Goodwill) $3.99
Shoes: Old Navy (old) $14
Earrings: Target $3.98
Bracelet: Target $5.35
Nicole Lee Bag: Target $22
Total: $52.31
 
 
On the plus side...this is the first time I carried my new purse that I got with my birthday money. The original price was around $70 (I can't remember exactly), but it was on clearance and then had an extra 10% off, so it only ended up being around $22. I had never heard of Nicole Lee before, but hopefully it will hold up OK. I think I'm pretty rough on purses.


No comments:

Post a Comment